Tuesday, December 4, 2012
#20 My Choice
What I really wanted to focus on is how we can get more students involved in our community and at IDCI. I think it is really important we involve the students more to educate them and make their time in the community more enjoyable. The first thing I have noticed is people at IDCI want to get involved but don't know how to I often have people ask is there any events IDCI needs help with or when is this event at the school I really want to know what's going on and when. As a school I think we need to make it more public as to what events are going on at the school, when, and how students can contribute. This may be by making a school calendar available of all the events in advance by posting it of a wall at the school or by making it available electronically online so students can be able to see oh their is a dance this day or oh idols is this day because it is often really easy to walk by and miss small posters hanging around the school. Also I have noticed people want to get their community hours but don't know how I suggest we start a volunteer club at IDCI and we find different organizations and fundraisers students can participate in after school. Teachers and organizations can come to this club and ask of help with things! This gives us a great opportunity to help students achieve community hours and get more involved with the community. I know other people who have these programs at their schools and it works really well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment